There have been multiple bats that have been disallowed by USSSA and USA this spring. We are here to try to add any information that we can about those bats, first and most important:
To know if these rulings impact you, please check with your league and/or tournament director
2018 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾” (WTDXCBZ-18) - UPDATED 5/16/18
DeMarini takes compliance standards extremely seriously, and believes the 2018 CF Zen (-10) complies with the published standards of 1.15 BPF. USSSA has issued a provisional suspension, and we are taking the steps necessary to further audit the bat and discuss our findings.
The 2018 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾” (WTDXCBZ-18) bat was approved in all lengths by USSSA in mid-2017 using the existing testing protocol. DeMarini produced and delivered the 2018 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾” bat beginning in the Fall of 2017. In the following months, USSSA made slight, but significant changes to its testing protocol. When re-tested under the new 2018 testing protocol, certain sizes were suspended from USSSA play as of April 12th, 2018. As of May 15th, 2018, ONLY the 31" model of the 2018 DeMarini CF Zen CBZ 2 ¾” (-10) has been issued a provisional suspension and is currently disallowed for USSSA play. The 30" and 29" models have been RE-ALLOWED in play. While DeMarini reviews the ruling with USSSA, they will work to ensure you have a bat approved for play as quickly as possible. Details about the replacement program are available below.
You can identify the 2018 CF ZEN Balanced 2 3/4” (-10) Baseball Bat with the above marks. Inline bat picture above. Custom models not pictured as they vary in color.
Leagues and Organizations That ALLOW All Sizes
- Baseball Players Association
- East Cobb Baseball Facilities
- Travel Ball Select
- Baseball Youth
- Youth Baseball Nationals
- Game Day USA
- Athletx Sports Group
- Travel Ball Select
- Triple Crown
DeMarini is offering two options to anyone impacted by the situation:
- EXCHANGE YOUR BAT FOR A 2019 CF ZEN (-10) 2 ¾”: Submit a claim using the link below to return your 2018 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾” bat, and we’ll replace it with the 2019 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾”.
- Once you submit your claim for the replacement option, you will receive a prepaid shipping label via email within 36 hours. Upon receipt of your bat and proof of purchase, we will complete the replacement process by shipping your new bat within five business days.
- A new 2019 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾” bat will be shipped to you using 2nd Day Air.
- The 2019 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾” lineup is eligible for USSSA play. These bats are approved under the current USSSA testing protocol.
- This option is the quickest way to have your 2018 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾” bat replaced with the new 2019 CF Zen (-10) 2 ¾” bat.
- NOTE: If you own a custom bat, please submit a claim via the online claim form. You will receive a prepaid shipping label, and the DeMarini Customer Service team will contact you with your options when your bat is received.
RETURN YOUR BAT, RECEIVE A VOUCHER: Submit a claim using the form below to receive a voucher for the full value of your bat (inline - $349.95: custom - $479.95). This voucher is redeemable for any inline stock product on DeMarini.com or the Wilson Family of Brands websites including slugger.com, wilson.com, atecsports.com, or evoshield.com.
To fill out a claim for the CF Zen click HERE
- Once you submit your claim for the return option, you will receive a prepaid shipping label via email within 36 hours. Upon receipt of your bat and proof of purchase, we will process it as a return and issue you a voucher via e-mail for your personal use for the retail value of your bat.
- Vouchers are typically issued within two business days of receiving and processing your bat.
- The voucher will allow you to order one inline stock product of your choosing from any Wilson Family of Brands website.
- In the event you would like to purchase a product that is priced at a lower cost than the full value of your voucher, please reply to your original voucher code email to receive a second voucher for the difference (Two voucher maximum).
- NOTE: If you ordered a custom bat, please submit a claim via the online claim form. You will receive a prepaid shipping label, and the DeMarini Customer Service team will contact you with your options when your bat is received.
30-Inch Easton Ghost X (-10) 2 5/8” (YBB18GX10 & LL18GHX)The Easton Ghost X 30/20 YBB18GX10 and LL18GHX 30/20 2 5/8” has been decertified by USA Baseball and is no longer an approved bat under the USABat Standard. This applies to the 30” (-10) length of the Ghost X YBB18GX10 and LL18GHX. All other certified lengths and drops of the Easton Ghost X USABat remain approved for play. As a result of being decertified by USA Baseball, USSSA has also disallowed these bats. Therefore they are not permitted in USSSA Play effective immediately.
Any questions regarding returns, refunds or warranty claims for the Easton Ghost X 30/20 should be directed to Easton via email at email@example.com or at 1-844-531-7079.
Dirty South Bats KAMO BB KA 8
The Dirty South KAMO with serial number BB KA 8 is illegal for USSSA play in the following sizes: two drop 10’s and three drop 8’s (30/22 31/21 32/22 31/23 32/24). For More Info contact Dirty South Bats.